Saturday, November 28, 2009

The end is in sight...

BEST...WEEK...EVER. I had so much fun showing Rhett around Vienna! After a busy day running around on Monday we took a trip out to the small town of Melk on Tuesday. We got to spend a few hours walking through the streets and around the palace and abbey before heading back to Vienna for Thanksgiving dinner! Our magician of a travel agent, Daniel, arranged for a local American restaurant, Franks, to cook a feast for us. We had turkey, of course, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, peas, dressing, and cranberry sauce. Not quite like grandma makes it, but close enough. Wednesday I took Rhett to the Naschmarkt, our local fresh food market. I think it was one of his favorite places...right next to the Prunksaal of the National Library. I knew he would love it there the first time I saw it. He also saw the Opera and my school before we had to meet everyone for an exciting night! Nineteen of us boarded a train that evening for Bratislava to go to...wait for it....the BACKSTREETS BOYS CONCERT!! It was as awesome as it sounds. I forced Rhett to come with me, but I know he had fun :) They were a little rusty, and Kevin was missing, but I know we all loved the flashback to middle school. We all had a great night together.

Thursday I took Rhett to my favorite palce in Vienna, Schonbrunn Palace. There is also a Christmas Market there, so it was twice as great! We finally got to go shopping and then out to dinner. Friday we decided to skip our trip to Budapest on account of sheer exhaustion and we did some intense shopping instead. We are pros at that. I took him to Mariahilferstrasse, the Michigan Avenue of Vienna, and we went to town. We did take time to see New Moon in the local English theater though...I think I was a great tour guide overall :)

Saturday was a sad day because I had to take Rhett to the airport. Luckily, I will see him again in 5 days! Along with my family!

The rest of the group is up in the Alps for the weekend, but Allison and I stayed behind. We were going to meet up with them later, but the train ride ended up being too long, so we are hanging out in Vienna for the weekend. It ended up being ok though because we have a lot of studying to do. Finals start Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment